Since I can remember I have always felt a deep connection with animals. As a child, I only wanted to be outside in nature, with the animals. Soon I fell in love with horses. Especially the horses that were struggling.
Education and training:
- 2020 – 2022: Yearcourse craniosacral therapy for horses at Praktijk Natuurlijk (+ Level 2 Equine Cranio Touch Therapist)
- 2020: Bioresonance training
- 2020: 8 week Mindfulness course
- 2019 – 2020: Yearcourse Guasha Therapy for Horse & Human (Human&Horse Academy)
- 2019: Project Proprius with Kathy Sierra (Intrizen): Revalidation through movement science
- 2018: Myofasciale Triggerpoint Therapy
- 2017: Equine Acupressure Practitioner (Tallgrass Animal Acupressure Institute at Colorado)
- 2017: Reiki 1
- 2017: Aromatherapy for horses
- 2016: Yoga instructor
- 2016: Natural Balance of the Horse with Anna Marciniak (OneHorseLife)
- 2015: Bent Branderup Clinic
- 2015: Clinics with Noora Ehnqvist
- 2015: Certified Energy Therapist for Animals
- 2010: Dual Aktivierung for horses
- 2009: Bachelor Veterinary Assistent (HoGent)
When I got my first horse, I noticed that she was not like the horses I was used to ride. She was depressed and introverted, so she could react unpredictably when saddling and riding. I started by learnong more about groundwork and the behavior of horses.
In 2014 I decided to follow clinics and lessons (groundwork, riding young horses, rehabilitation, clicker training, academic riding, …) with different instructors and training stables to learn more about the behavior of horses. When I bought my second horse, I experimented with bitless riding and positive training. I discovered how much you can learn from each horse and not one horse is the same.
I graduated as a veterinary assistant. I took a job at an office and, next to that, I started teaching people who had problems in their relationship with their horses.
After two years I started to loose my creativity and motivation at my office job. I was ready for the next step in my life and to do what I was meant to be doing. I changed my life, gave up my office job and became a full time horse therapist.
My philosophy is that a horse always has a motivation for a certain behavior. This can be from pain to uncertainty or miscommunication with the trainer. My job is to help the horse release traumas or stress and help the trainer understand why a horse shows a certain behavior and how our body language and energy affects the horse.